5 Tips to Remember when Fishing with Kids
- On 09 Oct, 2014 08:28 AM
- In Fishing in Dubai
Fishing is a relaxing activity that is highly recommended to those who want to take it easy on a weekend or a holiday. With an abundant marine life, the seas in this booming emirate offer an unforgettable fishing in Dubai experience that will delight not just the adults, but the little ones as well. Take your kids fishing with you. Here are some tips to make the outing fun and enjoyable for you and your little one:
- Make it comfortable. Make sure your kid is properly dressed for the weather. Sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses will protect them during the sunny days. Layers of clothing can keep them warm during the colder months. Bring first aid kits and insect repellants as well.
- Make it easy. Choose simple fishing gear and baits for your kid. Choose a spot where fishes are abundant. Go on a morning trip when the fishes bite better, and your kid is still all charged up with energy.
- Make it fun. Donâ€™t forget that it is your kidâ€™s day, not yours. Put their needs above your own. Be patient and do not get easily frustrated so as not to turn them off. Bring lots of snacks or drinks with you. Take pictures, and simply have fun.
- Make it meaningful. Involve your kid in the whole experience from start to finish. Give them small tasks like taking charge of the baits or the lifejackets. You can also teach your kid new skills and knowledge about the environment, about fishing, and about safety at sea.
- Make it unforgettable. While kids love it when they catch something, let them know that it is not always a guarantee so as not to disappoint them. Teach them about patience, about not catching more fishes than you plan to eat. Cook your fish or bring them home for family dinner. Eating your catch will make him feel proud and appreciate the activity more.